Datalogic, the global leader in high volume retail checkout scanning, has created the next generation scanner for high volume checkouts. The new Magellan 9800i scanner is the world’s first bar code scanner driven completely by high performance digital imaging, resulting in the ability to increase checkout performance in the world’s busiest checkout environments.
The Magellan 9800i scanner offers a state-of-the-art family of imaging scanners and scanner/scales with high reliability designed to provide maximum throughput for both 1D and 2D bar codes.
With a new and unique optional feature, the Top Down Reader offers seamless scanning of top-marked items. The Magellan 9800i scanner also enables a new way to interact with shoppers: a customer-facing imager allows shoppers to quickly and easily self-scan digital coupons from mobile devices, paper-based coupons and loyalty cards.
- Advanced digital imaging in all reading planes
- Seamless reading of 1D and 2D codes in all planes with good-read audio and visual confirmation for fast, uninterrupted scanning
- Optional Top Down Reader (TDR) adds large topside field-of-view as well as a customer-facing mobile device reader
- The largest ever All-Weighs™ scale platter enables effortless, accurate weighing of long or bulky items
- ScaleSentry™ Shrink Monitoring/Prevention System reduces losses from oversized items outside the weighing surface
- Low bonnet height allows for accessibility and flexibility in checkstand layout
- Top side accessible service port allows for the product to stay in the counter for most service calls (including software upgrades)
- Illumix™ Intelligent Illumination Technology designed for digital imaging in retail